Total Pageviews

Monday, June 24, 2013

“The Meaning of GRACE . . . “

"And Ruth the Moabitess said unto Naomi,
Let me not go to the field,
and glean ears of corn after him
in whose sight I shall find grace.
And she said unto her, Go, my daughter."
Ruth 2:2 KJV
 
OK, so I think I’ve got a name for my Blog . . .


Lake at Quaker Haven Camp
But, before I could commit myself to “I shall find grace,” I had to know, what does the word ‘grace’ mean? I did a web search, and wasn’t really coming up with anything that was working for me. I knew that this little piece of scripture, just had to make more sense to me OR it wasn’t gonna work . . . so I kept looking and then I read this:
James Ryle has suggested that “Grace is the empowering Presence of God enabling you to be who He created you to be, and to do what He has called you to do.”
 
WOW! That’s it! Exactly! I shall find what He is calling me to do. I knew when I read this, that I now had the name for my Blog!
 
Many of you reading this know that I work with 3rd & 4thgrade Weekday Religious Ed classes – one of the songs we teach the students goes like this:
 
“God has a plan for you and me,
only He knows what we can be.
Follow His teachings and learn to trust.
God has a plan for us.”
 
Wondering . . . what is God’s plan for me?





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we all have a plan and purpose that is of God. we have to pray for Him to guide us in that plan and purpose even though it may not be what we want or had planned. just like Gods time is not our time His plan purpose may not be what we had planned.

Post a Comment